Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Harvest Challenge

G'day guys,

Just a quick post today...I'm giving everybody (including myself) a challenge, which I saw some other people doing on various sites and blogs.....its called.....

The Veggie Dude Harvest Challenge
.
Basically, all you do is record the amount of fruit and veggies you harvest from your gardens. Easy! Start with a personal goal (e.g. 20 kilos, or whatever you think is reasonable for your space/time/need etc.), and then work towards it....Whenever you harvest something, weigh it, write down the weight, and keep a running total of your harvest...even if you only harvest two carrots a week, it's all good, get involved and have some fun :)
Let me know at theveggiedude@hotmail.com if you are going to take on the challenge...(I know I am) and then send me regular updates of how much you have harvested, and how close you are to your total....It'll be alot of fun, and all the people who reach their goal will get a special mention on the Veggie Dude blog (what a prize!)...
It's all about trying to become a little bit more self-sufficient in a fun and active way...so get out there, plant some beans, and get ready to write down your harvest weights! :) It's a great way to share your stories, successes and ideas from the garden...so get going!
.

No comments: